Thursday, August 22, 2013

Todays' Update

So, this morning I took the kids to school and pumped water out of the foundation again.   Yeah, again.  The block guys are thankful and I am glad they are happy.

I talked to Volunteer Waterproofing - Carol is really nice.  Found out that the block has to be completely done prior to them estimating.   Found out that I really (confirmed with Doug Smith) need to plan on filling the block with concrete - I will need a solid surface on the brick ledge for them to waterproof.   Doug told me that it's about a yard of concrete per 50 blocks.   Yeah, money just keep piling up.

The block guys should be done today - need to get Hipolito to return that hammer drill to Home Depot.  Will be working this weekend to clean up the job site (trash) and I may have a couple of truckloads of gravel dropped off to put into the basement.   May need to return some block to ACME too.  Lots of stuff to do.  Need to call Shae's dad and see if I can borrow his bobcat.

So, my new neighbor who's building across the street called me - she is freaking out cause her excavators are telling her that she's got a huge amount of fill dirt on the front of her property ... lots of digging.  I was able to talk her off the ledge. It's gonna be a hassle for them too  :(

No comments:

Post a Comment